#1 PsychoSimon

PsychoSimon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:L5

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:18 PM

Hi guys,
Basically my circumstances have changed somewhat, and I will be financially better off if I send my motability car back tot he dealer. Does anyone know if this is possible? I never use the car any more, and have had it two years now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you,

Simon
Don't knock on death's door - Ring the bell and run..... he hates that

L5 incomplete paraplegic. Learning to walk again and not letting anything stop me!

#2 robbo100bike

robbo100bike

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:C2-5 Incomplete
  • Injury Date:21-09-1997

Posted 01 January 2009 - 04:16 PM

Hi guys,
Basically my circumstances have changed somewhat, and I will be financially better off if I send my motability car back tot he dealer. Does anyone know if this is possible? I never use the car any more, and have had it two years now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you,

Simon

Ring their customer services. I did exactly that i needed more seats when my wife became pregnant. So agreed to return a vauxhall astra and arranged to take on an MPV. They did everything over the phone and there was no charge for my particular circumstances. I think they are entitled to charge a fee but like any finacial agreement it is your consumer right to return the item. If you have no history of returning their vehicles early then this will count in your favour too. I was suprised how easy and understanding they were.

#3 Lucydog

Lucydog

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,205 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:C5, C6, T10-L1 incomplete

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:01 PM

Actually I was wondering the same thing.... we have a Nissan note which has been a very nice car but its proving almost impossible to get 3 small children, a double buggy , a wheelchair, plus us in the car. As for any shopping forget it!!!!
I will ring them and have a chat to see if there are any options available to us.
thanks for the advice
L

#4 robbo100bike

robbo100bike

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:C2-5 Incomplete
  • Injury Date:21-09-1997

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:23 AM

Let us know how u get on. I was shocked how easy it was i thought they would take a hard line and thought i would have to see the term thro and hire a bigger car when necessary (which is very expensive).

We have 4 children plus chair plus handbike. A bus would be most ideal but settled for a citroen c4 grand picasso. Its diesel auto and has 7 seats, i got the VTR+ model for £995 deposit. It works wellhas enough seats. Only downside is when you use all 7 seats there is minimal storage. We can fit a fold flat chair and have used a top box for luggage on these occasions.

Actually I was wondering the same thing.... we have a Nissan note which has been a very nice car but its proving almost impossible to get 3 small children, a double buggy , a wheelchair, plus us in the car. As for any shopping forget it!!!!
I will ring them and have a chat to see if there are any options available to us.
thanks for the advice
L

This website is a way for those with spinal cord injuries to share experiences and advice. Any medical matters, treatments or alternative therapies discussed on this website should be thoroughly reviewed by a medical professional or therapist before being acted upon. Under no circumstances should you alter prescribed medication or a medical care plan without consulting your doctor or care plan supervisor first.