4 replies to this topic

#1 blckchns

blckchns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:T3 Complete

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:42 PM

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to mount a camera or camcorder onto a wheelchair? I've did some searching on the internet,l but could only find mounts for power wheelchairs and they were over 1K!!! I would appreciate any ideas or suggestions you might have on mounting a camera on a manual chair. Thanks :clap:

#2 Apparelyzed

Apparelyzed

The Boss!

• **Admin
  • 4,704 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:C5/6 Anterior Cord
  • Injury Date:02-01-1992

Posted 25 April 2009 - 01:00 PM

Hi,

Here's one solution I found, you can google for the parts which combine a 2915 Super Clamp without Stud, with a Bogen / Manfrotto 2930 Magic Arm with 2933 Camera Platform or similar make.

We combined a Bogen Super Clamp and the ever functional Israeli Arm, which features universal 360 degree locking movement and a locking 1/4-20 thread, for the ultimate video camera and LCD mount. Supports up to 20 pounds. Nothing flimsy here, just pro grade components that lock onto dollies, pipes, cranes, jibs, walls and more.

index.jpg

Posted Image   Posted Image
Follow the Apparelyzed Forum on our Facebook and Twitter feeds.

#3 StillFingers

StillFingers

Super Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,620 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:C4/5/6 Incomplete
  • Injury Date:07-05-1978

Posted 25 April 2009 - 05:22 PM

I use the same setup as above when I need a rock solid support for my point-n-shoot digital or a light weight DSLR/lens combo.

But I often find it to confining for either my power chair or my manual, so I use a monopod with a tilt/swivel fluid head...both are bogen/manfotto products...using a monopod doesn't tie me down to one position, allowing me to respond to moving objects, birds, cars and/or people. The fluid head also has a quick release plate, thus giving me the ability to remove the monopod support when responding to quick moving subjects.

I shoot with some very heavy old 35mm film gear as well, pro cameras and large telephoto lenses. Sometimes the camera/lens combo exceeds 8 to 10 lbs, if you plan to shoot heavy equipment make sure you get a heavy duty monopod and a fluid head; The fluid head can be used on a traditional tripod as well.

Good luck with your search, if you want product numbers for the equipment I use, just send me a message and I'll get back to you.

Jerry
Only after we have lost everything, are we free to do anything.
Shooting With Still Fingers - http://shootingwiths...s.blogspot.com/

#4 Webwych

Webwych

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:Spina Bifida T-12 partial

Posted 25 April 2009 - 06:59 PM

I have a 'Gorilla Pod' that I can wrap around pretty much any part of my chair the nearest tree etc. Dead handy (I got the biggest size that takes DSLR and Camcorder, right down to my little 'point and shoot'). I also have a bag you can fill with beans (or bird seed!) to rest your camera on.

#5 uoc

uoc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:C5 functional

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:40 PM

check this approach: low-cost camera stabilizer. You can buy it for 39.95$ or do it yourself as is explained here with 14$ and your time and skills.

here
are some pics with a custom setup for a camera on a powered wheelchair, but without technical details. If you(or one of your freinds) are skilled, maybe you can do something for your own use and make some pics for us to see the result.

good luck :dry:

ps: if you search on youtube for steadycam, you can find there how they do it :mfrlol:

Edited by uoc, 23 May 2009 - 04:52 PM.

This website is a way for those with spinal cord injuries to share experiences and advice. Any medical matters, treatments or alternative therapies discussed on this website should be thoroughly reviewed by a medical professional or therapist before being acted upon. Under no circumstances should you alter prescribed medication or a medical care plan without consulting your doctor or care plan supervisor first.