The Coloplast Unique Potential athlete will possess the unique potential to make it on the international stage. This athlete has been playing for less than four years and is constantly striving to improve his or her game. He or she is a dedicated, coachable athlete who contributes to the wheelchair rugby community and the community at large.
The judges for the Coloplast Unique Potentials will be:
Duncan Campbell – One of the five inventors of wheelchair rugby and a long-time advocate of the sport.
Brad Mikkelsen – Brought the sport to the USA and currently serves as president of the International Wheelchair Rugby Federation.
Darin Hurnanen – Coloplast representative.
We’ll announce the winner on the webcast of the gold medal game. In Vancouver, this athlete will hear his or her name announced at halftime. In a few years, however, they may be announced at the starting line-up.
Athlete Eligibility Criteria
- Has played for less than four years.
- Shows dedication to training and improving his/her game. (Attends practices and tournaments; completes extra training sessions; seeks advice from others)
- Is coachable.
- Is a good teammate both on and off the court.
- Contributes either to the wheelchair rugby community or to the community at large through volunteer work or other charitable contributions.
- Shows potential and desire to play at an elite level.
- Athletes can be from any nation in the world, but the prize will be paid in Canadian funds.
To enter, visit http://www.2010wwrc....niquepotentials and download the form, fill it out, and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for helping up to reward all those athletes who work hard every day in practice to make the athletes around them better.