Welcome to the Apparelyzed Spinal Cord Injury and Cauda Equina Syndrome Support Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to Apparelyzed, an active and vibrant spinal cord injury and cauda equina syndrome support forum. Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of our spinal cord injury support community by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Talk to others in real time in the Chat Room
We look forward to welcoming you to our community and reading your contributions and questions.

Simon
Forum Administrator.

Photo
- - - - -

Natural Healing

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Channy

Channy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:Engaged to Paraplegic

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:34 AM

Does anyone have any experience with natural healing using crystals/hypnosis for your spinal cord injury? My fiance was recently referred to a natural healer who fully 100% believes she can heal him. She's also a legit psychic. I know so many people don't believe in psychics and all of that but I truly do. I've been to see her a few times and I can vouch that she is 100% legit! And she is so positive she can help him. We're not putting all of our eggs in one basket, of course, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has any experience with this?

#2 mellowgator

mellowgator

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,871 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:C 6/7

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:17 AM

dear channy,

i am interested in this subject. i have just read "the healing" which was written by a member of this forum. it describes his dealings with psychics. he participated in a sceance where healing spirits appeared. after it was over the healer told him he would be healed in 90 days.

i'd be interested in knowing how this all turns out. please keep us posted.

mellowgator
hi fellow gimps! i'm a c 6/7 quad and have been injured since 1986. i was in a roll over hydroplane accident and it took hours for the paramedics to get me out of the car in the pouring rain. that definately wasn't my day. but alas life goes on!

#3 pinkcloud

pinkcloud

Intermediate Member

• Closed Account
  • PipPip
  • 1,234 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:t7 incomplete

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:59 AM

[quote name='Channy' timestamp='1284604487' post='182932']

Hypnosis is nothing to do with psychics and crystals. :head_brick_wall-1:

Hypnosis is basically taliking to the unconcious. Just like we breathe with no effort - so can we learn to train our brain to cope with pain and the ability to keep going to get thorough some parts of paralysis. My hypnotherapist is a retired consultant in pain management of whose reputation i know very well as i worked for many years with consultants and med staff who know him.

Hypnotherapists teach to dis-associate the memories from the emotions we hold with them. In other words when we feel pain, we can associate it to the accident that caused it - then feel sad, angry etc. The brain then thinks its back at the accident and sends panic signals to the body. He never promised to heal me. He said he could help deal with my pain[/b]. Guess what - the consultants who i know of nearly ten years of close working said its a miracle i can walk and go toilet myself, be so positive and cope so well.I am walking proof it works to help recovery using positive mental strength and learn to get the body and mind working together.

Psychics - whatever floats your boats - on this i will say this. If you beleive in God, you will beleive he made you and only he can save you (as you are not dead this would be proved true). And He did so for free. Want to go - sure -go but not only will they take your money - they will take your hope too.

Its not only God who can heal - so can the dark side. And so can the dark side predict the future. And charge you or it. Psychics - [b]This has got nothing to do with hypnotherapy and i feel very passsionate to express this[/b].As it can stop people going to good hypnotherapists because it scares them and is put alongside this what i believe is mumbo-jumbo rip off artists praying on vulnerable people.
[b]If this psychics has such great powers why are they not on the nhs - and why dont the nhs just sack all of the surgeons etc and hire psychics instead. They are cheaper for a start....... or with such healing powers perhaps they should set up their own church as they seem to think they are gods
Please think long and hard about this. I write not to put a downer on things - simply to offer other trains of thought. :excl: If you have got lots of money and wont be poor for going - cool what you got to loose. I simply suggest to not hand over all your hope. Money comes and goes and can be replaced easy over time - your hope and trust - not so easy to get back :excl: .

Keep us posted :hug:

Edited by pinkcloud, 16 September 2010 - 07:03 AM.

#4 dangerousdave

dangerousdave

Advanced Member

• Closed Account
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:l2/l3

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:57 AM

Let me get this right.....
You think a nutter....not a surgeon
Can join up a severed chord
No...doesn't compute

#5 Wheelsonfire

Wheelsonfire

Members

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:d2 to d4 (Admin Note: Banned for acting the gobshite, one time too many)

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:24 AM

I too had believed that it was mumbo jumbo, now I have me eyes opened I would like contact details for this person.
You see, me grand daddy died and he is the only one who can help me.
He was a man of genius.
The creation of the best moon shine any one could taste.
Me lost the recipe he left me in his will and me needs to have a wee little chat with him.
This moon shine removes the voices within.
It also allows me clean out me pipes as it burns all parasites off me cats tail.
It also can be used as a paint remover.
I would appreciate contact details for this person.
mmmmm come to think of it, surely she knows already I'm looking for her so if ya just drop her the forum link, at least that way she can have a chat with me grand daddy and heal all of us on here via conference...

Thanks in advance, um, me thinks your gonna say ...............
Seemingly, "support" is very "serious" and you should never have a thought of your own..... My Blog

#6 pinkcloud

pinkcloud

Intermediate Member

• Closed Account
  • PipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:26 AM

Let me get this right.....
You think a nutter....not a surgeon
Can join up a severed chord
No...doesn't compute

Dangerous - most would say you are a walking miracle with what you can do with them bikes - strong mind you have there. And there are a large majority of others on here who have learnt to be strong in mind to overcome body problems - that CAN function better because they can cope with the pain. Other parts of the body - just cant be fixed no matter how hard we try.

Some people need some other kind of help to get the strength you, me and others possess. I think some robbing as you say 'nutters' tune into this and are nasty, maipulative people.

I like your direct approach :wink:

#7 chrisarnold6

chrisarnold6

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:T12 complete

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:43 AM

It's so convenient to write faith healers off as nutters. It could be retorted that conventional medicine has done precious little in the arena of spinal injury cure. Plenty of talk, without any walk. Check out the info on the Internet where all the "scientific" boffins carp and deride each others' efforts. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I believe that, if mankind survives that long, we will be able to deal with many afflictions spiritually.

Good luck to you.

#8 jenny407

jenny407

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,693 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:friend of a T12 complete

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:45 AM

Channy,

I too am quite critical of those approaches. I do believe a lot in alternative medicine. Serious hypnotics (like pink said) might be helpful in a different way, not promising a miracle.
I would, however, really reconsider spending a lot of money on "natural healers".
Still, if you feel you would like to try, do so. It's entirely your and your fiancÚ's decision.

Jenny, wishing you good luck in any case
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Lennon

#9 pinkcloud

pinkcloud

Intermediate Member

• Closed Account
  • PipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:08 AM

I understand what you are saying chrisarnold. And wish this person all the the best - you mention working with faith - and if they beleive in faith that is of good intentions - it will be for free of charge to you. And if faith helps then go wherever you feel safe to go - be it beleiving in aliens like david ike does, ghosts like your psychic does or Hindu, Catholic etc etc.

Faith is about being a good soul to others - not just to use it as satisfaction for oneself or as a gain of making money from it. If I had that gift channeys psychic claims to have, I would put my magic finger on everyone that asked to be healed for free.

Ok surgeons etc may not have all the answers for every condition yet - but even as much as I still hurt physically - i am alive where-as if i hadnt had surgery i would be completly paralysed from the chest down or dead.

If anyone who reads this goes and it all goes wrong - we will still be here, wont mock or say 'we told you so' - it was the psychics and other what i beleive are con artists (am I greatly assume the others who posted on here) refer too - not you and your choices, I totally respect them.

Best wishes

Good luck to you.

Edited by pinkcloud, 16 September 2010 - 10:14 AM.

#10 nomis

nomis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,998 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:Para T4
  • Injury Date:11-02-1970

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:33 AM

She's also a legit psychic.

A what!? I don't think there is such a thing. Have fun but then remember to return to the real world and face real truths. If you have potential to improve then you will if you put the work in.

"We are all different - but we share the same human spirit. Perhaps it's human nature that we adapt - and survive." - Stephen Hawking 2013

#11 Denny

Denny

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:T3/T4
  • Injury Date:13-10-2003

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:13 PM

I do not believe in any one who say 100% cure for Paralysis. If anyone can cure Spinal cord injury they would be world famous and have 1000's at their door step getting cure everyday!

Why not ask this psychic, how many paralyzed people approached and how many got cured? Don't go by odd success story, if you talk to spinal Unit, they will also have stories of unexpected/unexplained spinal recoveries, but no one calls it miracle.

I know nothing about psychic healing, but I do believe in the power of mind. Claim of 100% recovery from spinal injury does seem far fetched. If the psychic is so sure why not strike a deal "100% recovery or you get your money back"

To be where you have never been before

You have to do what you have never done before

#12 jscott92064

jscott92064

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:Wife of t6-7 complete

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:00 PM

Does anyone have any experience with natural healing using crystals/hypnosis for your spinal cord injury? My fiance was recently referred to a natural healer who fully 100% believes she can heal him. She's also a legit psychic. I know so many people don't believe in psychics and all of that but I truly do. I've been to see her a few times and I can vouch that she is 100% legit! And she is so positive she can help him. We're not putting all of our eggs in one basket, of course, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has any experience with this?

In the rehab hospital, my husband did have some therapy called "Healing Touch", but that wasn't about healing his injury. It was more about relaxing him and helping him sleep. Our doctor prescribed it for him and it was free so why not. (You can google this type of therapy on the web, though like anything like this --there are folks who go overboard with embellishing on what they can really do.)

They never actually touched his body, just "smoothed out his energy" as they say. Surprisingly, he did sleep better when they did that and he did feel relaxed and we do have a friend who does that for him every once in a while.

But she would never claim to heal him like this person is doing.

Why, because it's really up to my husband's body how much it heals or not.......even with doctors, no one really knows --that's why they call it "practicing" medicine. If my husband's body is going to recover more, then it will and if not, well, it was just the luck of the draw, I guess.

Total scam this psychic--but it's like gambling, if you can afford to lose some $$$, then go for it. We too have been approached by others who say they can "heal" my husband. I think they mean well, but are very misguided.

But if it works.......I'd like to know and I'll be the first to retract my words here!

#13 chrisarnold6

chrisarnold6

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:T12 complete

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:06 PM

I understand what you are saying chrisarnold. And wish this person all the the best - you mention working with faith - and if they beleive in faith that is of good intentions - it will be for free of charge to you. And if faith helps then go wherever you feel safe to go - be it beleiving in aliens like david ike does, ghosts like your psychic does or Hindu, Catholic etc etc.

Faith is about being a good soul to others - not just to use it as satisfaction for oneself or as a gain of making money from it. If I had that gift channeys psychic claims to have, I would put my magic finger on everyone that asked to be healed for free.

Ok surgeons etc may not have all the answers for every condition yet - but even as much as I still hurt physically - i am alive where-as if i hadnt had surgery i would be completly paralysed from the chest down or dead.

If anyone who reads this goes and it all goes wrong - we will still be here, wont mock or say 'we told you so' - it was the psychics and other what i beleive are con artists (am I greatly assume the others who posted on here) refer too - not you and your choices, I totally respect them.

Best wishes

Good luck to you.

Thanks pinkcloud. Hope I have not given the wrong signals. I would not be even alive if it were not for brilliant surgery! So I am not knocking the medical profession. If someone is staring death in the face, a faith healer or psychic, whatever, would be last on my list of priorities.

Any surgeon will tell you, however, that no matter how good he is, the patient must have the will to live. The disappointment many feel is that there are umpteen places, who for the last twenty years, proclaiming a major breakthrough in curing spinal injuries. I wonder whether kudos and the desire to maintain funding for research comes first, or the cure awaited by millions round the globe. The debunking that takes place is always written to sound very polite, but underneath, is left the impression that their work must be top of pile.

Bets wishes,

Chris

#14 dangerousdave

dangerousdave

Advanced Member

• Closed Account
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:l2/l3

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:42 PM

Nobodys saying psycics aint helpful
When the trouble is all in the mind - a hopeful belief can induce a cure - of something that wasn't broke in the first place
But when things are well and truly broke - dont expect a cure - cause its not in the mind - its physical
You cant walk on a leg you just broke - so dont expect severed nerves to join up and begin transmitting

Work with what you got and improve on what you do - its easy

Edited by dangerousdave, 16 September 2010 - 03:43 PM.

#15 Channy

Channy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:Engaged to Paraplegic

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:55 PM

I can see why some people are very skeptical about this type of thing. But I personally have seen this psychic on a few occasions and she was very dead on with most of the things she told me.

The good thing about us taking this approach with her is that she doesn't charge a specific amount of $ for her services. She is a chronic pain sufferer as well and doesn't 'feel right' charging people for her services, when all she's trying to do is alleviate pain in many of her clients. So, she told us that we should just pay her whatever we see fitting. She said that some people, who are worse off in the financial department, don't pay her at all.

I'll definitely be keeping everyone updated, though.

#16 pinkcloud

pinkcloud

Intermediate Member

• Closed Account
  • PipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:10 PM

Hi Channy

Ahhh I am glad you didnt take it in a bad way. It seems you are going in with an open mind here - of course I hope your fiance gets better - maybe if it dosnt work with her though, its time to pull the plug - on this version of healing anyway and try another form of complimentary medicine.

I honestly and deeply will again say I would think deeply about this lady performing hypnotherapy though. Putting hands over a body saying that will promote healing is one thing - putting thoughts and suggestions into the mind is entirely another.

All the best for you both :hug:

Edited by pinkcloud, 16 September 2010 - 08:12 PM.

#17 jenny407

jenny407

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,693 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:friend of a T12 complete

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:32 AM

Channy, if you wish to try, do then. Perhaps try to keep your expectations low. And do keep us updated! Good luck.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Lennon

#18 love&hate

love&hate

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:C5 incomplete

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:40 PM

Theres only one way this kind of healing could work. Placebo effect.

Straight from Wiki.

A placebo is a sham or simulated medical intervention that can produce a placebo effect. In medical research, placebos depend on the use of controlled and measured deception. Common placebos are inert tablets, sham surgery,[2] and other procedures based on false information.[1] In one common placebo procedure, a patient is given an inert pill, told that it may improve his/her condition, but not told that it is in fact inert. Such an intervention may cause the patient to believe the treatment will change his/her condition; and this belief may produce a subjective perception of a therapeutic effect, causing the patient to feel their condition has improved. This phenomenon is known as the placebo effect.

Its amazing how some people in need will believe in anything as long as it is in their best interest.

I for one, live a life based on logic and facts. So far it is the best guide i could ever ask for.

Edited by love&hate, 20 September 2010 - 07:42 PM.

A mind is like a parachute, It works best when it's open.

#19 pinkcloud

pinkcloud

Intermediate Member

• Closed Account
  • PipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:33 AM

[quote name='love&hate' timestamp='1285011602' post='183661']

I constantly live life now on the placebo affect - I stick my music on at all times possible and this gets me motivated and moving - or resting. As good as any real pills and more exciting :wink:

I also smoke thinking that this makes me feel better - and it dosnt. Another placebo affect.

Theres always a song out there - where somebody is singing about what we are going thorough in some kind of way. Works for me and i smile a lot :wink:

#20 Tami&Ashley

Tami&Ashley

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:C6-7/Self&Daughter

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:58 AM

I do not believe in any one who say 100% cure for Paralysis. If anyone can cure Spinal cord injury they would be world famous and have 1000's at their door step getting cure everyday!

Why not ask this psychic, how many paralyzed people approached and how many got cured? Don't go by odd success story, if you talk to spinal Unit, they will also have stories of unexpected/unexplained spinal recoveries, but no one calls it miracle.

I know nothing about psychic healing, but I do believe in the power of mind. Claim of 100% recovery from spinal injury does seem far fetched. If the psychic is so sure why not strike a deal "100% recovery or you get your money back"

No one can really define "healed", now can they? Thousands lined up at Christ's feet while He was here and were healed, but accorging to how they ought to be- God always knows best. This is tough stuff we deal with daily, this SCI business. The only big difference I have even noticed between good life bad life is not a chair. Many people in wheelchairs lead fulfilling, inspiring lives. Not every human was meant to live the same sort of life here. Everyone will be healed to the entent that they have faith in the only true Healer.

Spinal Cord Injury & Cauda Equina Syndrome Support

This website is a way for those with spinal cord injuries and cauda equina syndrome to share experiences and advice. Any medical matters, treatments or alternative therapies discussed on this website should be thoroughly reviewed by a medical professional or therapist before being acted upon. Under no circumstances should you alter prescribed medication or a medical care plan without consulting your doctor or care plan supervisor first.