• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aquatic

aquatic

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:T-12 Incomplete

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:19 PM

This started with a Monarch Mark 1-A Hand Control set up.
What this is, is an air system that operates a air cylinder that pushes in the clutch with a button.
One button will push the clutch in slower, then when released will pause then release the clutch out slower. This is used mostly for first gear from a stop. The second button on the shift knob itself is a fast in and then fast out button for shifting other gears.

It does take a bit to get use to shifting. At first I stalled it at starting from first gear, but then I got the hang of it. After practice I was able to drive in downtown Chicago traffic.
I will supply installation instructions. The hand controls should fit like any other hand controls. The air cylinder has to be fitted above the clutch.
This kit was first installed in a Corvette then later installed in a Honda S2000.
The pictures show most pieces mounted to a board, it will ship easiest this way but you can mount how ever it fits into your car.

I was able to drive with my left hand on the wheel and control the hand control lever with the same hand. The other hand was shifting the shifter or steering.

Message me with question, please do not ask what every part is. This is a complete kit that I used for shifting my car and should be adaptable for manual cars.

Cost for the whole setup is $2500.00.
I have shipping set at $70.00 but depending on where it is going it may be different. The whole kit is heavy so shipping is not cheap.
So shipping charge may be different.

Attached Thumbnails

• Hand controls _1_web.jpg
  • Hand controls _2_web.jpg

#2 h0twheelz

h0twheelz

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:t3 complete
  • Injury Date:02-11-2007

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:42 PM

this kit looks so nice... for some reason i dont feel like im driving without a manual transmission. I always thought that i wont be able to drive one anymore, but this is nice to see. I would be interested, but just now able to get my license back, and dont have a car

#3 ralphg35

ralphg35

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:t6

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:42 PM

im from Denver Colorado & i have a 2003 infinity g35 coupe with MANUAL transmission - im looking for a manual hand kit- and yours sounds like it would work!!?? do you have one for sale that would work for my car? how much would it cost?

#4 aquatic

aquatic

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:T-12 Incomplete

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:19 AM

im from Denver Colorado & i have a 2003 infinity g35 coupe with MANUAL transmission - im looking for a manual hand kit- and yours sounds like it would work!!?? do you have one for sale that would work for my car? how much would it cost?

I still have this kit for sale.

It is adjustable to fit all cars.
The parts are still able to be bought if something was ever needed to be replaced.

I am reducing the cost to $2000.00 plus the shipping is $70.00 in the US only.
email me with any questions.

Thanks
Keith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This website is a way for those with spinal cord injuries to share experiences and advice. Any medical matters, treatments or alternative therapies discussed on this website should be thoroughly reviewed by a medical professional or therapist before being acted upon. Under no circumstances should you alter prescribed medication or a medical care plan without consulting your doctor or care plan supervisor first.