McTavish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:T4 incomplete
  • Injury Date:29-03-2005

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:29 PM

Lately I have had twitching inside my right leg, sometimes it,s at the top of my leg sometimes at my ankle or at my knee. This has only started recently and the way I think, being the eternal optimist, is that any change has to be good.If someone was to put their hand on my leg (I should be so lucky) they would feel nothing it is just happening inside. Does anyone else get these weird sensations? It,s five years now since my spinal injury, so why is this only happening now?

#2 wheelchairbarbie

wheelchairbarbie

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:C5
  • Injury Date:09-02-1997

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:58 PM

I can't say I've experienced the exact sensation you have. But it's been 13 years since my injury, and I get weird sensations all the time. They're usually harmless and go away eventually.

#3 dangerousdave

dangerousdave

Advanced Member

• Closed Account
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:l2/l3

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:18 PM

Those infernal low down muscel twitches - i have had for as long as i can remember
They are only noticeable by touch, dont cause visable spasms although thats what they are

Thats my experiance - no i dont take drugs for them - just accept they happen

#4 JimG

JimG

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:T6T7, L5/S1 incomplete

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:51 AM

Lately I have had twitching inside my right leg, sometimes it,s at the top of my leg sometimes at my ankle or at my knee. This has only started recently and the way I think, being the eternal optimist, is that any change has to be good.If someone was to put their hand on my leg (I should be so lucky) they would feel nothing it is just happening inside. Does anyone else get these weird sensations? It,s five years now since my spinal injury, so why is this only happening now?

I had a "shocking" sensation on the inside of my right quad a week ago that lasted the better part of the day.

It was like zingers that would go up/down the thigh.

I'm taking it as a good sign, since in the last month or so, I've been seeing some increased mobility/balance.
Adversity doesn't build character.....it reveals it.

#5 The Black Sheep

The Black Sheep

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:T5, stand-n-shuffler
  • Injury Date:01-08-1998

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:55 AM

I have normal pulsing spasms sometimes throughout both my legs from time to time. However, I've also noticed that I sometimes have a long-lasting quiver in my right inner thigh when I'm nervous or tense. I get this when I'm under a lot of stress or there's something making me somewhat emotional. I think it may have something to do with increased blood pressure during those times, and the quiver sometimes lasts for hours. Normally, it's just a spasm when they twitch and shake, but it's something different when I'm up-tight about something.

It's probably just a spasm of some sort. That, or if you have any control over your legs, or progressively getting control, it may be some sort of reaction. When I started gaining a little more calf-muscle control in my left foot, I could feel little tremors behind my ankles. They stopped after a while, but if you can exercise your legs at all or have any ability to push with your legs, it sounds like something that could be related to exercise.
3 doctors diagnosed me with hysterical paralysis (weee!), 1 diagnosed an incomplete T7, another T2 and the last (and most accurate) T5. Trampolines are BAD. Sleep is unpredictable. And never kiss strangers. Life has moved on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This website is a way for those with spinal cord injuries to share experiences and advice. Any medical matters, treatments or alternative therapies discussed on this website should be thoroughly reviewed by a medical professional or therapist before being acted upon. Under no circumstances should you alter prescribed medication or a medical care plan without consulting your doctor or care plan supervisor first.