Photo
- - - - -

What Is The Highest Level Of Education You Earned?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: SCI Education Demographic (59 member(s) have cast votes)

What is the highest level of education you earned?

1. PhD (4 votes [6.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.78%

2. Masters Degree (11 votes [18.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.64%

3. BA or BSc 3 or 4 years (26 votes [44.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.07%

4. Community College 2 or 3 years (6 votes [10.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.17%

5. Trade Apprenticeship (1 votes [1.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.69%

6. Highschool Diploma (8 votes [13.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.56%

7. School of Life (1 votes [1.69%] - View)

8. GCSE's (1 votes [1.69%] - View)

9. A Levels (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

10. BTEC ONC OND HNC (1 votes [1.69%] - View)

11. City & Guilds (0 votes [0.00%])

12. NVQ (0 votes [0.00%])

Did you complete your education before or after your injury?

1. Before (38 votes [64.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 64.41%

2. After (21 votes [35.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 St. Peter

St. Peter

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:C5

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:48 AM

i graduated from Auburn University in 1983 [i finished college in 3 years which was a stupid move by me] i set a goal to be the first one in my class to grad. stupid stupid stupid i reached my goal but it was a dumb one.
my degree was in org. management minor in marketing. my first job was regional manager of durable medical supplies. i really loved helping people find products that would enrich their lifes. i still like finding these things however they usually are for me.
my accident was 3 years later.

ps. let your kids take forever to graduate [best time of your life]

I sometimes get pressured by some people close to me on how soon I'll finish college.I just say with a quote from a fovourite blogger "Do little.Do it Well.Know why."I reather be in school for a decade and later be employed then finishing school in three years and be umployment or not laiding my dream job the next 30-40 years of my working life left.

Seems most people got their degrees pre-injury. Probably no coincidence, I went to a community college after my injury and after two years of courses I was so ready to be finished. It wasn't that the work was hard but the frustration of not being able to handle my own books and papers or being able to take notes for myself was just… well, frustrating. Classrooms were not always accessible and sometimes my cathing schedule didn't always want to coincide with class times. That's said, I'm glad I stuck it out and got an engineering degree and I think it'd be a good experience for anyone with a SCI to go back to school if you can afford it or get financial aid.

preach, brother! Preach!! LoL ...when first arrived in this country I had to my GED in a community college.BOY WAS THAT A HUGE CULTURE SHOCK!! The consent draing, dizzness during summer, getting all my accommodation prepared before each semester begins, worrying about accidents, relearning how to write, relearning how to learn using varies Assitive softwares...it was overwhelming at first having to adjust, but things are under control.It is definetly, steel chariot, worth the expirence while in college.It would be good for someonev to write a "College Survival guide for Quads" book

When Intelligence meets a challenge, barriers fall.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This website is a way for those with spinal cord injuries to share experiences and advice. Any medical matters, treatments or alternative therapies discussed on this website should be thoroughly reviewed by a medical professional or therapist before being acted upon. Under no circumstances should you alter prescribed medication or a medical care plan without consulting your doctor or care plan supervisor first.