#1 scd

scd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:C6-7 & L4-5

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:28 PM

Greetings,

New to the forum so let me start with the question then give you my prognosis: I talked my doc. into prescribing an Electro Muscular Stimulator (EMS) to prevent atrophy in my leg muscles. It won't fire my calf muscle regardless of fooling around with pad placement but works fine on my quads on that leg. Other leg is not paralyzed and EMS works fine on the calf.

I suffered several back issues witch has left me with both spinal cord and nerve root damage with arachnoiditis. I have foot-drop in one leg, I can walk but not well. That leg also has Reflex Something-or-other Dystrophy (RSD). I bought the Tone-a-matic 68 unit based on recommendation on one of the forums for para/quadriplegics. Other than that calf it works great.

Tried a search but didn't find anything.

Thanks,

Stephen
My Medical link

This website is a way for those with spinal cord injuries to share experiences and advice. Any medical matters, treatments or alternative therapies discussed on this website should be thoroughly reviewed by a medical professional or therapist before being acted upon. Under no circumstances should you alter prescribed medication or a medical care plan without consulting your doctor or care plan supervisor first.