Photo
- - - - -

Unreported World Meets Members Of The Palestinian Paralympic Team Hoping To Qualify For London 2012

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Apparelyzed

Apparelyzed

The Boss!

• **Admin
  • 4,631 posts
  • Country - Town/City:UK
  • Spinal Injury Level:C5/6 Anterior Cord
  • Injury Date:02-01-1992

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:56 AM

Unreported World meets members of the Palestinian Paralympic team hoping to qualify for London 2012

Unreported World meets members of the Palestinian Paralympic team hoping to qualify for London 2012. They find athletes struggling to train in the conflict zone.

In a territory where those who die fighting the Israelis are considered the true heroes, the Paralympic team goes completely unrecognised by its own people.

Nobody knows who team captain and discus thrower Khamis Zaqout is, despite the international medals he's won since he helped establish disabled sports in the Occupied Territories two decades ago. This is in spite of the fact that the only athletes representing Palestine in London will be disabled ones, since there is no Palestinian Olympic team.

Friday 11 November 7.30PM Channel 4

More: http://www.channel4....2011/episode-16

Posted Image   Posted Image
Follow the Apparelyzed Forum on our Facebook and Twitter feeds.

#2 greybeard

greybeard

Super Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,691 posts
  • Country - Town/City:Dorset, UK
  • Spinal Injury Level:L1-L5 incl - Stenosis
  • Injury Date:21-03-2001

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:28 PM

That was rather a one-sided report. I am sickened by the way that religious intolerance and the politics of hate intrude into the lives of so many of Earth's inhabitants. Perhaps one day it will end - but I rather doubt the human race has the wherewith-all.

"Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day;  Rage, rage against the dying of the light" 

[Dylan Thomas]

#3 Snakeye

Snakeye

Intermediate Member

• Closed Account
  • PipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Country - Town/City:USA
  • Spinal Injury Level:c6-7 incomplete

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:15 PM

That was rather a one-sided report. I am sickened by the way that religious intolerance and the politics of hate intrude into the lives of so many of Earth's inhabitants. Perhaps one day it will end - but I rather doubt the human race has the wherewith-all.

I agree, very one-sided report, which is usually the case anymore when it comes to the subject of Israeli-Palistinian relations...The PLO and Hammas have done a very good job blowing smoke up the worlds ass as of late...A wolf in sheep's clothing as far as I'm concerned..Why the world sat back and did nothing while 7 or 8 million Jews were slaughtered like sheep in the 1940s yet cry and moan over a few thousand Palistinians who have gotten in the line of fire the past few decades is beyond me..The Jews have been the most persecuted people in the history of this planet and deserve their own homeland without the constant threat of being attacked...Antisemitism is alive and well in this world, especially in Europe...

Edited by Snakeye, 08 November 2011 - 03:16 PM.

#4 edlee

edlee

Super Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,475 posts
  • Country - Town/City:South Western Pa
  • Spinal Injury Level:t-10 complete
  • Injury Date:11-18-2004

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:36 PM

I've nothing against the jewish religeon,, nor those who follow it's teachings,,, but to say that any "religeon" DESERVES it's own homeland,,,,, sorry,, I don't buy that. Especially in light of the facts concerning the ceding of the lands that the modern state of Isreal claims. What, in your mind,, do the Palestinians DESERVE??? What do the American Indians DESERVE?? What about homosexuals?? Since it is said that as many as 15% of the worlds population have leanings in that direction,, don't you think that THEY,, DESERVE their own homeland???

I admit that in that last case,, a certain amount of immigration might be needed.

I think you might be onto something, tho,, about giving certain religeous groups their own country. Perhaps Christian Fundementalists could get one,,, the Catholics,, Protestants,,, and don't leave out the Atheists.

ed
  • stevie g likes this

This website is a way for those with spinal cord injuries to share experiences and advice. Any medical matters, treatments or alternative therapies discussed on this website should be thoroughly reviewed by a medical professional or therapist before being acted upon. Under no circumstances should you alter prescribed medication or a medical care plan without consulting your doctor or care plan supervisor first.