Obie1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:T9
  • Injury Date:03-07-2010

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:18 AM

Hello all,

After a year and half post injury, i have finally found special jeans that really work well and look great. I have been getting really bored of wearing sweat pants to work since my life changing event. I tried several different companies selling wheelchair jeans, with little luck finding a one that is worth the extra cost that goes with anything disability titled. Guy Harris with DisabledGear.com has created one of the best experiences ever in dealing with purchasing adaptive gear though the internet. I look and feel so much better wearing jeans to work and in the public now, rather than sweatpants. If anyone is in the market for jeans that allow for great looks along with the ability to cath just as easily as if wearing sweats, i highly suggest contacting DisabledGear.com. Guy will work with you in every way possible to make the experience and purchase well worth the money.

#2 rue2you

rue2you

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,337 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:T10 Paraplegic Incomplete

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:36 AM

Guy is on here. He is one of us!!
"We cannot choose the road we are asked to travel, but we can choose to enjoy the ride!"
www.aliciareagan.com

#3 Edinburgh Colin

Edinburgh Colin

Super Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,651 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:T3/4 Incomplete
  • Injury Date:07-05-2009

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:06 AM

I'll second that, Guido (Guy) has an ever expanding site and is an extremely nice and helpful gent. (Guy don't let the praise go to your head).
EC
Impossible only describes a problem that needs viewed from a different perspective

#4 araitn

araitn

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:T11 incomplete ASIA C
  • Injury Date:27-10-2007

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:41 PM

I bought some jeans from quido and highly recommend them, both the jeans and quido because he was great to work with.

#5 guido

guido

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:L1
  • Injury Date:13-08-2003

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:21 PM

Hello all,

After a year and half post injury, i have finally found special jeans that really work well and look great. I have been getting really bored of wearing sweat pants to work since my life changing event. I tried several different companies selling wheelchair jeans, with little luck finding a one that is worth the extra cost that goes with anything disability titled. Guy Harris with DisabledGear.com has created one of the best experiences ever in dealing with purchasing adaptive gear though the internet. I look and feel so much better wearing jeans to work and in the public now, rather than sweatpants. If anyone is in the market for jeans that allow for great looks along with the ability to cath just as easily as if wearing sweats, i highly suggest contacting DisabledGear.com. Guy will work with you in every way possible to make the experience and purchase well worth the money.

Hi Obie1 - I don't know how I missed this! But thank you for this high praise! I'm not sure who you are because of your username, but that's okay: life needs more mystery!

I'll second that, Guido (Guy) has an ever expanding site and is an extremely nice and helpful gent. (Guy don't let the praise go to your head).
EC

Still getting through the door!

I bought some jeans from quido and highly recommend them, both the jeans and quido because he was great to work with.

Okay, maybe I'm not now!

Anyhoo, the real reason I came on here was to say our 2012/13 Winter Lined Jeans and Fleece Lined Trousers have NOW ARRIVED!!

http://disabledgear....nter-warmers--2

These lined jeans are our most asked about and bought lines. They're great for a number of reasons. Soft lining keeps legs warmer and also has pleasant effect of making skinny legs look a little bulkier. Lining is laminated to the denim so there's no worry of crinkles or pressure issues.

And the Fleece Lined Trousers: breathable, windproof, waterproof and warm. What is not to love about these?!

If you're buying them, don't forget to click the ZERO RATE VAT button in the basket (yellow box on right of screen) BEFORE Check Out.

And if you're not from round these parts (outside UK) then I'll happily speak to you on Skype first, so we can run through sizes and styles on a video chat. This goes a long way to trying to avoid size mistakes (which can be annoyingly expensive on the return postage costs). Please contact me via the website.

Buy New 2012:13 Winter Lined Wheelchair Jeans on DIsabledGear.com.jpg

Edited some minutes later... Actually, I've just figured out who you are, Obie1! It's in the name!! Thank you.

Edited by guido, 12 October 2012 - 10:22 PM.

for UK residents - DisabledGear.com - the FREE-Ads website for 2nd hand disability equipment.

#6 Baller95

Baller95

Intermediate Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 1,064 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:Admin Note: Deliberate Breaking of Forum Rules

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

Hmm I just checked out the site andd it looks like I wanna get some! Wearing sweat pants suck especially when I'm going out and before my accident I wore jeans most of the time so i think I'll give these a shot!

#7 rb154

rb154

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:C6 complete
  • Injury Date:02-11-2008

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

The selection looks great, I wonder though how a quad would work the button

Edited by rb154, 04 January 2013 - 12:14 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This website is a way for those with spinal cord injuries to share experiences and advice. Any medical matters, treatments or alternative therapies discussed on this website should be thoroughly reviewed by a medical professional or therapist before being acted upon. Under no circumstances should you alter prescribed medication or a medical care plan without consulting your doctor or care plan supervisor first.