#1 Clairebear1

Clairebear1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:c5-c6
  • Injury Date:06-05-2003

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:32 PM

Hi guys its been a while since i posted my last account i forgot the password, but i tried all the anitbotics in the world its seems and my urolgists says now that he wants me to go on iv antibotics but before i do that i read some of the others posts on here where you have had goodluck with bladder flushes. i need to find out where i can get the microsyn and or saline solutions so i can try todo a bladder flush myself but also need to find out the technique to do it and how much of the ingredients to use.thanks guys anything would be helpful at this point

#2 Anna16

Anna16

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 974 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:L2

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:19 AM

I use this: http://www.dealmed.c..._7c7870_a_7c944

with a 2 oz syringe. I cath, then when I am done I fill the syringe with the solution, attach it to the end of my catheter, and push the solution through the catheter into my bladder, then I suck it back out. I do it two or three times. I went a few months without doing it because I couldnt find the solution (which is why I recently bought it online, same exact product as what the doctor office gives you) but I'm starting to do it every few days or once a week.

Your doctor should just be able to write you a presciption for Sodium Chloride 0.9% irrigation USP and the syringes. If your doctor won't, you can just ask the pharmacy, I think.

Edited by Beautiful, 23 February 2012 - 12:22 AM.

You want to be really great? Then have the courage to fail big and stick around. Make them wonder why you're still smiling

#3 KK*

KK*

• Members
  • Pip
  • 138 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:T-8 ASIA A Complete
  • Injury Date:06-07-2010

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:50 AM

Yep, I do saline flushes twice a day right now. My Urologist ordered it and it has made a drastic difference in my situation. I have litterally had back to back UTI's for 1 1/2 years Not more than a week without one. I have only been doing this for 2 weeks but it works. I must note though, I have a suprapubic catheter. The best decision I ever made.
KK

#4 Tetracyclone

Tetracyclone

Super Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,827 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:C-5-7 incomplete
  • Injury Date:27-05-2008

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

Microcyn is available OTC as Vetericyn, which is the veterinary equivalent, double strength. I let Amazon find the best price for me. Do read the thread on CureCare forums for how to.
  • Clairebear1 likes this

#5 Millard

Millard

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:C5-C6 Tetraplegia
  • Injury Date:20-07-1967

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

Hi guys its been a while since i posted my last account i forgot the password, but i tried all the anitbotics in the world its seems and my urolgists says now that he wants me to go on iv antibotics but before i do that i read some of the others posts on here where you have had goodluck with bladder flushes. i need to find out where i can get the microsyn and or saline solutions so i can try todo a bladder flush myself but also need to find out the technique to do it and how much of the ingredients to use.thanks guys anything would be helpful at this point

The only thing I use now in my bladder is Microcyn/Vetericyn VF. I order 4 bottles at a time so my shipping is free at: http://medi-vet.com/ (I always order Vetericyn VF) I usually receive my shipment in 1 to 2 days but they are located in Louisiana and do not have far to ship it. I will cath and leave the catheter inserted and inject 20ml of VVF into my bladder. I leave the syringe in the catheter and remove the catheter/syringe, leaving the VVF in my bladder. I just leave the VVF in until I cath again. It has helped me out tremendously in killing/preventing uti's and also I use VVF for pressure ulcers, cuts and burns. I use it also when I get conjunctivitis (pink eye) in the eyes as it heals it quickly.

I wish you luck and I hope this helps.
Millard
"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid!" - John Wayne

#6 Clairebear1

Clairebear1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:c5-c6
  • Injury Date:06-05-2003

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:06 PM

hey guys thanks alot for your input millard tetra beautifull everyone . another question has anyone ever had a problem with when you do a fush with 2oz of solution and were only able to draw maybe half back out?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This website is a way for those with spinal cord injuries to share experiences and advice. Any medical matters, treatments or alternative therapies discussed on this website should be thoroughly reviewed by a medical professional or therapist before being acted upon. Under no circumstances should you alter prescribed medication or a medical care plan without consulting your doctor or care plan supervisor first.