Photo
- - - - -

Anyone Looking For A Quadriciser To Buy?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 munkypoop

munkypoop

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:C4/5 incomplete quad
  • Injury Date:10-05-2007

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:49 PM

I have a quadriciser for sale. New it cost around $25,000. It's barely been used and is in perfect condition. I am asking $6000. I live in Duluth Minnesota in the United States. It stretches and moves every part of your body, mostly arms and legs. It's supposed to simulate being stretched by four people at the same time. It makes your arms move in various positions with just a quick change of position from the clamps on the bars. It simulates the way you would actually walk or jog. It is all electronically done. When I've tried it, and was done for the time I used it, my arms and legs became very loose instead of stiff. It is the version you are transferred into the seat for it, rather than using it while in your wheelchair. The seat adjusts from sitting up completely to lay down completely. It also has two Velcro straps that strap you into the chair and gloves to use if you have no control in your arms. So that makes it like you're grabbing on to the handle for the arm straps. And from my own experience the hand straps and the chair straps do not loosen.

http://www.quadriciser.com/

Edited by munkypoop, 16 March 2012 - 09:57 PM.

Imagine what I do when I need to laugh or feel better. Imagine a purple hippo standing up straight wearing pink clown shoes and juggling lime green Jell-O squares!

#2 fishaholic

fishaholic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:parent/caregiver
  • Injury Date:5-20-95

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:40 PM

If I had $6000, or anywhere close to that, I would be all over this. I have been trying to get agencies to pay for one for my foster son for some time, with no luck.

#3 munkypoop

munkypoop

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:33 PM

That price is not firm, but who knows what shipping would be.
Imagine what I do when I need to laugh or feel better. Imagine a purple hippo standing up straight wearing pink clown shoes and juggling lime green Jell-O squares!

#4 fishaholic

fishaholic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:parent/caregiver
  • Injury Date:5-20-95

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

Thanks, but I just found out about another large expense this morning. The way my finances look right now, I'd be lucky to be able to pay for JUST the shipping, much less the Quadriciser. If you don't get any takers, maybe you could donate it to a charity. At least you could get a tax deduction for it, and someone could benefit from that nice piece of equipment. Maybe the charity could donate it to me! LOL JUST KIDDING!

#5 munkypoop

munkypoop

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:36 AM

You should try checking the therapy places. A lot of times either they're shutting down and selling their equipment or it might be something they don't use often and are willing to sell it

#6 munkypoop

munkypoop

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

Okay, going to $4500. I forgot to mention that it comes with the gloves to hold onto the handles, if you have no use in your hands. And it is the one with a built-in tilting chair, not the one you stay in your wheelchair. It is a few years old, I bought it five years ago, but only used it a maximum of 15 hours total!

Edited by munkypoop, 29 March 2012 - 11:33 PM.

#7 Ted 303

Ted 303

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:C5/C6

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:10 AM

Look like an excellent machine, which brings me to ask why your selling it at all?

#8 munkypoop

munkypoop

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:17 PM

Because I am getting a new equipment set up and there is no room in the room that I have all the exercise equipment in. Plus, I never use it!

#9 sherrihartnett

sherrihartnett

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:spastic quadraplegic

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:53 AM

Hi I am interested and just signed registered in this site but I'm not sure I did it right because it shows me as "lurker". We have looked at this equipment and I think it will work for my son...we put him in it. Please contact me at

sherrihartnett@gmail.com

816-373-0668

Sherri Hartnett

#10 JMonaco

JMonaco

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:spastic quadriplegic
  • Injury Date:30-05-2001

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:03 AM

Hi, Did you sell your quadricizer?

#11 munkypoop

munkypoop

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:01 AM

No I have not! I do have pictures and a video of it.

#12 DrNismo420

DrNismo420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:c5 Incomplete

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:58 AM

Am interested!! wish i could afford!

#13 munkypoop

munkypoop

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:10 AM

Am interested!! wish i could afford!

yeah I know I have the same problem with many things on the classified in this website

I have multiple pictures of it and a video of my mom using it to show how it works. They are too big to post on here and I cannot crop them myself. So if you are interested you can message me or e-mail me at munkypoop99@yahoo.com and I will gladly send them to you if you are interested.

#14 swew1972

swew1972

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:TBI
  • Injury Date:01-10-2012

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:44 AM

Is this still for sale?

#15 chadsSis

chadsSis

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:TBI
  • Injury Date:10-01-2012

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

Hi there, I was very interesed in purchasing the quadriciser. That is if you still have it availble? We have done alot of research, & find it is a wonderful machine. My brother was in a MVI on Jan 10, 2012. He has TBI, & we really would be very interested in purchasing this from you. Please let me know , if you still have this equipment for sale.

Thank you so much, God Bless

#16 munkypoop

munkypoop

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

I am very sorry I just sent this out to be delivered. Meeting someone just bought it. Sorry

#17 gloriacas19

gloriacas19

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:quadraplegic
  • Injury Date:05-05-2003

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

Hi You still have quadriciser for sale please tell me

thanks

#18 munkypoop

munkypoop

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:06 AM

Hi You still have quadriciser for sale please tell me

thanks

sorry, I don't

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This website is a way for those with spinal cord injuries to share experiences and advice. Any medical matters, treatments or alternative therapies discussed on this website should be thoroughly reviewed by a medical professional or therapist before being acted upon. Under no circumstances should you alter prescribed medication or a medical care plan without consulting your doctor or care plan supervisor first.