Welcome to the Apparelyzed Spinal Cord Injury and Cauda Equina Syndrome Support Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to Apparelyzed, an active and vibrant spinal cord injury and cauda equina syndrome support forum. Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of our spinal cord injury support community by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Talk to others in real time in the Chat Room
We look forward to welcoming you to our community and reading your contributions and questions.

Simon
Forum Administrator.

Photo
- - - - -

Deflated Cushion

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mcferguson

mcferguson

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:T5/6 Complete
  • Injury Date:30-11-2008

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

fooey! :doh: the left rear quadrant of my wheelchair cushion delfated. it made me lean to the left and back and felt very akward. so, i went to my car (i'm at work), transferred off the cushion to my car and turned the cushion around to put the deflated part in the front. now, my right leg leans over too far to the right, but its better than getting a pressure sore on my bum from having to sit funny all day at work on an improperly inflated cushion. also, this feels more normal and i don't feel the need to adjust my seating position every 5 minutes. good thing i got a spare at home
Future SCI Alumnus. Victory over the storm - Mark 4.39.
Ferguson Clan Motto: Dulcius Ex Asperis (Sweeter after difficulties)

#2 edlee

edlee

Super Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:t-10 complete
  • Injury Date:11-18-2004

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:02 PM

Sounds like a Quatro to me. I've been pretty lucky with all of mine, tho I did manage to destroy two within 3 months due to poor transfering. My transfering isn't any better,, but I started turning the cushion around so that the valve is in the rear,,, no more tears. ( That's tears,, as in rips,, as apposes to tears,, as in crying,,,, although,, I guess either would have been appropriate.)
ed

#3 hannahmontana

hannahmontana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:T-6
  • Injury Date:30-08-1900

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

i have a quadtro and i really like it. shouldn't you go home and get your replacement cushion?

#4 wheeliebear75

wheeliebear75

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,865 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:L2 incomplete ASIA-D
  • Injury Date:04-28-1990

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:38 AM

I had a leak where the valve stem to inflate is at.....seal started not holding the air in.....for a while I had to use a towel folded to keep both legs the same heght. But this was after 5yrs or so of having it.

If it's still under warranty you could see abou thaving it repaired. If it not than you can ask ROHO about repair costs OR do what we did when puddy-tat poked a hole in one of the cells which was to take it to a bike shop & they fixed it using the same technique they do for repairing the tire innertubes.
*Enjoy every sunset, but be grateful for every dawn.*
*Wheelchairs are made of a special ocular magnetic alloy......they're "eyeball magnets".*
*I USE a wheelchair, that does NOT make ME a wheelchair!*

#5 qbounce

qbounce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,339 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:C7 Complete (so I'm told)

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:20 AM

I tore my ROHO once, found the hole, patched that sucker up, and it never gave me a problem again.

Glad you stopped cryin' Ed.
When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Spinal Cord Injury & Cauda Equina Syndrome Support

This website is a way for those with spinal cord injuries and cauda equina syndrome to share experiences and advice. Any medical matters, treatments or alternative therapies discussed on this website should be thoroughly reviewed by a medical professional or therapist before being acted upon. Under no circumstances should you alter prescribed medication or a medical care plan without consulting your doctor or care plan supervisor first.