Welcome to the Apparelyzed Spinal Cord Injury and Cauda Equina Syndrome Support Forum
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
- Talk to others in real time in the Chat Room
How Often Do You Change Duoderm Bandages?
Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:50 PM
My boyfriend has been struggling with a pressure sore for a while. He is using DuoDerm bandages. I know they are designed to stay on for several days but if they are left on that long, pus seems to accumulate underneath. I'm not sure what is worse - leaving the bandages on and having all that pus accumulate under there (it smells pretty bad when they are removed) or potentially damaging the healthy skin around the sore when they are pulled off too early.
How long do you keep the bandages on? Do you know of any alternatives?
Thanks a lot for your help!