#2 Lucydog

Lucydog

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,205 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:C5, C6, T10-L1 incomplete

Posted 20 August 2006 - 06:21 PM

Could you be a bit more specific with your question and I will try to answer.
ta.
L

#3 coolmom9396

coolmom9396

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:t-12 = l-1

Posted 20 August 2006 - 11:17 PM

Could you be a bit more specific with your question and I will try to answer.
ta.
L

can u sit up without the tslo brace ihave a t-12 fx burst l-1 with rods and screws n back,
butt feels like it weighs 900 lbs sometimes. i just don;t known what all people do and how long peolple where this dumb brace

thanks

#4 crash

crash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:t-12

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:25 AM

i'm a t-12. If you're wearing a tlso your therapist should be the one telling you when you can take it off.
"I get flustered when the carpet's dirty"

#5 coolmom9396

coolmom9396

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:t-12 = l-1

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:50 PM

i'm a t-12. If you're wearing a tlso your therapist should be the one telling you when you can take it off.

im not allowed to go to physical therapy yet. i was wondering if anyone else has this and what all do they do?

#6 Philip

Philip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:T12

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:23 PM

I had a Body Jacket a plastic shell, a front and back panel held together by Velcro. The tlso was just starting to be used 20 years ago when I got injuried. I had to look it up to understand what you were talking about and damn advertisement sexed it up.

http://www.nbak.tierranet.com/tlso.htm

Body jacket looks similar and your injury is very silmilar to mine. What you will be able to do in the Tlso? Almost everything sit up transfer lift weights, push yourself around I was walking on long leg braces in my body jacket. some things you may not be allowed to do because it may cause to much twisting stress until you are fully healed. Getting form the floor into your wheelchair, getting from the floor to a standing postion on braces and crutches. Your PT will show you everything you need to know 1 step at a time starting with how to setup

#7 Apparelyzed

Apparelyzed

The Boss!

• Admin
  • 4,612 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:C5/6 Anterior Cord
  • Injury Date:02-01-1992

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:56 PM

I had to look it up to understand what you were talking about and damn advertisement sexed it up.

That's because it's a fetish site! :cheers:

Simon

Posted Image   Posted Image
Follow the Apparelyzed Forum on our Facebook and Twitter feeds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This website is a way for those with spinal cord injuries to share experiences and advice. Any medical matters, treatments or alternative therapies discussed on this website should be thoroughly reviewed by a medical professional or therapist before being acted upon. Under no circumstances should you alter prescribed medication or a medical care plan without consulting your doctor or care plan supervisor first.