2 replies to this topic

#1 Taiger

Taiger

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:Polio
  • Injury Date:01-01-1978

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:40 PM

I've wanted one for a long time but it's always been cost prohibitive.  If anyone has a used hand cycle they are trying to get rid of, please contact me at tcdu@okcu.edu   I can afford to pay up to $700 (total, including shipping).  Just a younger guy trying to stay active and fit.  Best to you and yours, Tai

#2 St. Peter

St. Peter

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:C5

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:49 AM

This guys provide grants: http://www.roadrunne...ntentId=2400098

Edited by St. Peter, 05 February 2014 - 08:49 AM.

When Intelligence meets a challenge, barriers fall.

#3 G Edward

G Edward

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:T5 complete-asia a
  • Injury Date:07-22-2012

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:55 PM

I have one of these and love it. It is smooth, quiet and priced right. I got mine a bit over a year ago and it cost me $250 delivered! The ONLY draw back is that there is no resistance display. http://www.hansonpro...products_id=970 There is a little assembly required in that you have to put the cranks and hand grips ( I got the baseballs cause they are way cool and afford any grip configuration you choose ). That said, use a little loc tite or have someone with good hand strength tighten things up good so they don't work loose. This is absolutely the best price for value piece of equipment I own.

G Ed

It suddenly occurred to me that you meant a three wheel cycle for transportation. Oh well, I stand by my opinion of my little table top hand cycle and in the off season or inclement weather it can keep you in shape. Although in the high resistance range you may want to fasten it down.

G Ed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This website is a way for those with spinal cord injuries to share experiences and advice. Any medical matters, treatments or alternative therapies discussed on this website should be thoroughly reviewed by a medical professional or therapist before being acted upon. Under no circumstances should you alter prescribed medication or a medical care plan without consulting your doctor or care plan supervisor first.