Welcome to the Apparelyzed Spinal Cord Injury and Cauda Equina Syndrome Support Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to Apparelyzed, an active and vibrant spinal cord injury and cauda equina syndrome support forum. Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of our spinal cord injury support community by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Talk to others in real time in the Chat Room
We look forward to welcoming you to our community and reading your contributions and questions.

Simon
Forum Administrator.

Photo
- - - - -

Has Anyone Used Colloidial Silver?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Somebody

Somebody

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:c7

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:10 PM

I'm searching for help with recurring bladder infections.
Saw a show "Alternative Health" and this works wonders for everything.
Suppose to be a natural antibiotic.
But it could be bad too.

Has anyone taken this?

http://www.diagnose-...at/T305705.html

#2 oldwheelz

oldwheelz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:t10 complete

Posted 03 November 2007 - 06:42 PM

We have used colloidial silver for different things for years. I know nurses who use it. I have never used it for a UTI as I don't get them, In over four years since sci the only time I had one was in the hospital. Years ago my wife read the if you eat raw almonds you would never get cancer, We thought whats to lose. Then we noticed that we weren't getting colds or flu. This was the only thing we could attribute our health to, I do isc and am not too fussy at being clean. My immune system must be great. Probably 20 years since I had the flu. I also take no medication.
You can try both things, Why not?

#3 Somebody

Somebody

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:c7

Posted 03 November 2007 - 07:08 PM

Thanks for replying.
It's been used a million ways.
That's what the ad said anyway.

So I'm gonna give it a whirl and see.

Also D-Mannose was suggested to me.
Thought I would try it too.
Along with cranberry pills.

I agree I think nuts help our bodies alot.
Almonds is suppose to be one of the best.
Also walnuts now.

:H2kOther (26):

#4 john S.

john S.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:C-5-6

Posted 27 November 2007 - 08:52 PM

I'm searching for help with recurring bladder infections.
Saw a show "Alternative Health" and this works wonders for everything.
Suppose to be a natural antibiotic.
But it could be bad too.

Has anyone taken this?

http://www.diagnose-...at/T305705.html

I was in a Chemistry class where we did some experiments using colloidal silver. Actually getting any can be a problem. We had to actually make our own using a crude device (if I could remember it's name i'd be so damn happy!) and some very clean silver. We found that it seemed to kill some staph, and reduced bacteria on many slides, but it never produced a clean slide. The batch we made was about 50-60 ppm. (If our math was right)
For my own part in the test I used it on my atheletes foot fungi. It had no noticable effect after 30 days while the over the counter cream worked in 12 days.
One of my fellow students interviewed her great grandmother who swears that she keeps a clean silver dollar in a box and licks it each morning. Shes was 103 at the time.(yucky)
Personally, I don't think it does a lot, but it doesn't hurt as long as you don't OD on it. You'll start looking very goth. (lol) The fact that you can OD says its diong something.
Like many of us, you sound like you want to stay well by not needing anti biotics to begin with. I try to take enough vitamin C to keep my urine acid and mandelamine in the same way you take D-Mannose. I also take acidophylus but I can't spell it since I'm not near my home. My ideas run along the line of, if the good bacteria eats all the food the bad bacteria dies out from starvation.
I do have minor infections but they stay minor and usually go away before I feel a need to use anti biotics. I hate to say anything cause I think bragging about one's own health is near fatal. I haven't needed anti biotics in 8 years. I'm not foolish, I do keep Cipro and Bactrim DS on hand.
I don't use the colloidal silver because I think it is mostly hype and the stuff we bought showed no trace of it, and we bought a lot. If you make your own, I'll join you in a shot. It isn't difficult to make but if you use the 3x9 volt battery technique you making silver ions and silver chloride.

It must do something because the FDA has banned the use of it in cattle. Of course, they won't let farmers tell you if they use BGH or not. Once the farmer gives the cow BGH it produces 5 times as much milk. It also gets a raging case of mastitis and needs pumped full of pennecillan. Can you say, GOT PUSS! In America, find a new source of calcium.

With all the hype nowadays, ask questions and really check on who it is giving answers.

Good luck,
john

Spinal Cord Injury & Cauda Equina Syndrome Support

This website is a way for those with spinal cord injuries and cauda equina syndrome to share experiences and advice. Any medical matters, treatments or alternative therapies discussed on this website should be thoroughly reviewed by a medical professional or therapist before being acted upon. Under no circumstances should you alter prescribed medication or a medical care plan without consulting your doctor or care plan supervisor first.