#1 longhaul

longhaul

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,513 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:T6-T7

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:39 AM

I used "Skin Bond " adhesive for external Texas condom catheters for ever but they stopped making it so then I tried I think it was called Torbot which didn't work then I tried "Uro Bond III" it's silicon and causes sores. Anyone know of a product like Skin Bond or something that works for you. Thanks

#2 silone74

silone74

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:T3,T4,L1

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:24 PM

Hey i use wide band external caths that have more adhesive on than normal ones they are really good i find they adhere very very well unlike a normal sheath,i have faith in these they have rairly let me down and when they have it is due to not keeping an eye on my bag an it gets over full even then it takes alot of pressure to make it come off i have seen it like a balloon an just emptied in time an it still stayed on.

Thaey are made by Rochester Medical you might want to give them a try looking on the back of the package this is there contact details

Rochester Medical
507-533-9309
1-800-243-3315
Stewartville, MN
55976 USA

Hope this can help a little and hope you get sorted soon.

Silone74 :angel:
Motorcycle accident, or sniper fire depends who is in the room at the time LOL

#3 Illinois Boy

Illinois Boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,811 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:C5-C6
  • Injury Date:08-06-1982

Posted 15 January 2008 - 07:01 PM

Screw that adhesive SHIT, never worked for me........ Get yourself some Elastoplast 1" tape, use about 7 inches and wrap half on condom and half on your penis....... Not too tight though......

Been doing that for 27 years........ You can even use regular condoms.......

:angel: Jim

For Those About To Rock, I Salute To You......
My Store Click on ads at bottom of my site please....

#4 irishaler

irishaler

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:c-3-c7 lesion incomplete

Posted 15 January 2008 - 07:52 PM

I use just a prep protective skin barrier by Coloplast works great. 1-800-533-0464. part 2041.

#5 longhaul

longhaul

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:24 AM

Thanks I am going to try all of them and see what works for me. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks............

#6 Baz

Baz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:T6/7 Complete

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:09 PM

Thanks I am going to try all of them and see what works for me. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks............

Hi, try this link http://manfredsauer....k/adhesives.asp they have a shed load of adhesive products on prescription and will send you free samples to boot! They have a helpline manned by people with SCI rather than sales people or nurses so your talking the same language Tel 0870 1904 150
Cheers and best of luck! :(

#7 kewlcatkez

kewlcatkez

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:= T10- L1 incomplete

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:42 PM

Hi, try this link http://manfredsauer....k/adhesives.asp they have a shed load of adhesive products on prescription and will send you free samples to boot! They have a helpline manned by people with SCI rather than sales people or nurses so your talking the same language Tel 0870 1904 150
Cheers and best of luck! :(

The above is a UK site, so if you are outside of the UK there may be limitations to the services/ no service. Also please add +44 to the number and remove the 0 if outside the UK....although thinking about it, not sure that 0870 numbers are accessible from abroad....

Fab site for UK though :doh:

Its worth mentioning that as Baz points out above, most manufacturers will send out free samples in the hopes that they will get custom! :)

Take care,

K
Ex Nurse (med retired)
Connective tissue disorder & associated paralysis.

#8 longhaul

longhaul

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:57 AM

Thanks I went to the site but I didn't see anything that is available here, I had Rochester send some samples but in transit someone decided to play football with the box putting a big hole in it and most of the samples had fallen out, I'm still looking for Elastoplast locally . Thanks for the help

#9 paraman

paraman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:T12

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:45 PM

I tie my condom catheter by a woollen thread. I take off the condom every morning and wash it and keep my penis free for about 2 hours. I then retie it.
Paralyzed since November 1986. Using a Otto Bock Start Plus wheelchair, ROHO Quadtro Select cushion and alternating air mattress.

#10 silone74

silone74

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:T3,T4,L1

Posted 26 January 2008 - 01:14 PM

Hi again i hope that not all of the caths where lost from rochester if not have you tried them out? what do ya think of them?

Silone74
Motorcycle accident, or sniper fire depends who is in the room at the time LOL

#11 longhaul

longhaul

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 05:44 AM

Hi again i hope that not all of the caths where lost from rochester if not have you tried them out? what do ya think of them?

Yep there were three left in the box and they were the wrong size so I am going to call them again and hope they don't think I'm trying to scam them.
Silone74

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This website is a way for those with spinal cord injuries to share experiences and advice. Any medical matters, treatments or alternative therapies discussed on this website should be thoroughly reviewed by a medical professional or therapist before being acted upon. Under no circumstances should you alter prescribed medication or a medical care plan without consulting your doctor or care plan supervisor first.