No replies to this topic

#1 stu@mylifedesign

stu@mylifedesign

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:Brother C5

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:56 PM

Hi

I refer to a few of the post speaking about adapted products or the lack of them for disabled parents with young infants.

I am a product designer and since my younger brother became tetraplegic I have turned my attention to actually designing some good usability products that can be retailed at affordable prices.

I am looking to enter this years BPA Concept 2008 competition, and I picked up on a latter post about actually moving the baby around inside of outside the home. Obviously, when the baby can climb as stated they are able to get up and on to their mother or father in the wheelchair.

I guess the problem comes to moving the baby when they cannot climb, and getting them from the floor onto the lap. I would imagine someone else has to pick the baby up to be placed on the lap of the parent? I have also seen the "forklift" for lifting the baby to different heights, would something like this appeal to many parents?

If anyone has any knowledge of products available already to help this issue or of any other completely different issues regarding parenting with a disability then I would be more than grateful to hear them.

Thanks
Stu

stu@my-lifedesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This website is a way for those with spinal cord injuries to share experiences and advice. Any medical matters, treatments or alternative therapies discussed on this website should be thoroughly reviewed by a medical professional or therapist before being acted upon. Under no circumstances should you alter prescribed medication or a medical care plan without consulting your doctor or care plan supervisor first.