2 replies to this topic

#1 Laila

Laila

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:C5

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:50 PM

Hey! Does anyone have hip pain at all? I just recently started having pain around my hip joint and now its gravitating up in my low back and a little behind my shoulder blade on the same side. I've been in a chair for 7 years now and wasn't sure if its just something from being in a chair for a long time. I know pain isn't "normal", but I was curious if anyone else has had an issue.

I was thinking maybe it was something from having scoliosis. I only have about a 30 degree curve (still flexible though) but my rib cage does turn a little.

Edit:: When I'm in bed at night and I start using the arm on the side I have the pain, it aggravates my hip, my leg starts twitching, and I get a little dysreflexic. By the way, I am going to the doctor for this next week. Its just driving me insane!

Edited by Laila, 16 June 2008 - 09:55 PM.

#2 qbounce

qbounce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,339 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:C7 Complete (so I'm told)

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:35 AM

Laila,
Sorry to hear about the hip problem. You must have gone to the Doc's by now. What 's he having you look at for answers??

I have a problem in my left hip, but it's from a calcified bone mass that formed due to my accident. Seems the actual trauma of an accident like SCI affects the body in strange ways all over the place. I merely broke my neck, now I have extra spazms in my left leg because of it (not severe though).

Crazy crazy world.

I hope all's well with you!
When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

#3 gsp23

gsp23

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 801 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:Incomplete

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:30 PM

I had horrible hip pain and the same symptoms you mention above. I actually had it again this weekend as well. For me it only seems to be on my right side that I get it and it turns out that stretching takes care of the pain. So for whatever reason I need extra stretching in my hip joint on my right side, never happens on my left side. I had been to the doc and they dont think its anything more than that (including my physiatrist who is a para). So I just get extra help now with stretching my right hip expecially when the pain starts to get bad there. Hope this helps or you were able to find what the issue was/is.
Posted Image
Quotes are nothing but inspiration for the uninspired.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This website is a way for those with spinal cord injuries to share experiences and advice. Any medical matters, treatments or alternative therapies discussed on this website should be thoroughly reviewed by a medical professional or therapist before being acted upon. Under no circumstances should you alter prescribed medication or a medical care plan without consulting your doctor or care plan supervisor first.