•  
  • Forum Help

Welcome to the Apparelyzed Spinal Cord Injury and Cauda Equina Syndrome Support Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to Apparelyzed, an active and vibrant spinal cord injury and cauda equina syndrome support forum. Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of our spinal cord injury support community by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Talk to others in real time in the Chat Room
Don't forget to follow the latest spinal cord injury news articles on our Facebook and Twitter feeds.

Posted Image Posted Image

We look forward to welcoming you to our community and reading your contributions and questions.

Simon
Forum Administrator.

Photo
- - - - -

Ford Handicapped Van, Low Mileage For Sale

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Illinois Boy

Illinois Boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,811 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:C5-C6
  • Injury Date:08-06-1982

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:53 PM

1983 Ford Van..........
I only used this van about 25 times since owning it.

It has 66,500 original miles, power steering, power brakes, cruise control, manual windows, FM radio, hand controls, ac, automatic transmission.

It has a 289 V8 which gets good mileage. No dents, good paint.......

It is equipped with a Braun wheelchair lift, with remote. You can even remove the drivers seat and drive from your wheelchair, outer sliding door is electric too.
New tires.........

Please Call - Don't email......... 618-475-2997

van1.jpg van2.jpg

More Pictures
For Those About To Rock, I Salute To You......
My Store Click on ads at bottom of my site please....

#2 Illinois Boy

Illinois Boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:47 PM

Price lowered to $2,950....... I want it outta my driveway.....

Jim

#3 Hapahowlee

Hapahowlee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,908 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:Wife of C5,6,7 - Incomp.

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:10 AM

Hey Jim,

I was wondering if you ever sold this van. My husband just got his brand new fully converted 2008 Ford. We tried for 2 years on/off to sell his 1986 Ford Econoline. We placed it in the paper and on the Phoenix Craigslist and no bites. We were trying to figure out what the magic words were to get a bite. We even posted pics. Most people couldn't believe it was a 1986 b/c it was in such good shape inside and out. We listed it for $2,800 b/c the AC didn't work that well. A few days before we were due to pickup the new van from the conversion place, we placed an ad in the AZ Republic and a guy from Acapulco called. There is a Presbyterian church group that raised money to help fly this guy and his wife up here to look for a van in order to get his mother around. When they came to look at the van, they were floored by the condition. It took us about a week to get the deal over b/c the guy wanted to take the van to a garage to see what it needed to make it back down to Acapulco, they had to get money wired, etc. We brought the price down to $1,500 just to get it the hell out of the garage.

Have you checked with church groups to see if anyone is in need of a nicely equipped van like yours? The guy from the church who came with this couple to help translate told me their church is part of the Missouri Synod and they help people in Mexico quite often. This church guy actually chipped in a few hundred to help pay for the repairs. Have you listed the van in the St. Louis Post Dispatch? If you don't get any bites, let me know. I believe I still have the "church guy's" phone #. I can call to see if they have anyone else in Mexico in need. Your van is practically brand new compared to what they drive down there. Let me know ~ Hapa

#4 Illinois Boy

Illinois Boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:02 AM

I've had a few people say they were on their way to get it, but never showed up..... ######s......

I've got it on kijiji.com too, another good free classified........

Thanks,
Jim

#5 Slowlegs

Slowlegs

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,221 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:Nerve damage/trauma

Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:23 AM

I've had a few people say they were on their way to get it, but never showed up..... ######s......

I've got it on kijiji.com too, another good free classified........

Thanks,
Jim

Doh! I am coming to the states next year and I would love to look at something like that to buy and drive across the country in. Great place to sleep in too if caught short. I don't need a hoist as I am no longer in a chair. When I search for vehicles like this on Google, ebay or Trademe I always type "hand controls" or "accessable vehicle" so putting these in as keywords may help you get more hits. Good luck in selling it.

#6 Hapahowlee

Hapahowlee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,908 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:34 AM

Hubby and I worded our ad in so many different ways. The last time, we placed the ad for the van in with all other vans and not in the Handicap Accessble section. We honestly would've felt better selling it to someone who is AB and would know about how to repair anything that went wrong. When I'm out and about running my errands, I see so many trucks/vans packed full of hispanic people who are landscaping or hardscaping, etc. and we thought even though the van looked really nice, maybe contractors would want to use the van for transporting workers or materials since there was so much cab room. We also have the middle seat to my husband's new van that we were willing to sell with it. The material doesn't match, but what the hell. In our case living in Arizona, the State will pay to modify your vehicle even if you only work part time. So people in need of an accessible vehicle could buy a newer one and have the State pay to modify. Unfortunately, there are no magic words. Our last resort was to donate the van, but fortunately the guy from Acapulco who was in Phoenix visiting saw our ad and came right over.

Jim I know your frustration, I wrote we didn't get any bites, but we did get calls from people wanting to come look at the van and they just did not show up . . . how rude. :dev:

#7 Slowlegs

Slowlegs

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,221 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:Nerve damage/trauma

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:51 PM

Hubby and I worded our ad in so many different ways. The last time, we placed the ad for the van in with all other vans and not in the Handicap Accessble section. We honestly would've felt better selling it to someone who is AB and would know about how to repair anything that went wrong. When I'm out and about running my errands, I see so many trucks/vans packed full of hispanic people who are landscaping or hardscaping, etc. and we thought even though the van looked really nice, maybe contractors would want to use the van for transporting workers or materials since there was so much cab room. We also have the middle seat to my husband's new van that we were willing to sell with it. The material doesn't match, but what the hell. In our case living in Arizona, the State will pay to modify your vehicle even if you only work part time. So people in need of an accessible vehicle could buy a newer one and have the State pay to modify. Unfortunately, there are no magic words. Our last resort was to donate the van, but fortunately the guy from Acapulco who was in Phoenix visiting saw our ad and came right over.

Jim I know your frustration, I wrote we didn't get any bites, but we did get calls from people wanting to come look at the van and they just did not show up . . . how rude. :double-puke:

Actually, just a thought. Not sure how mich those braun lifts carry but I imagine they could be great for a person who did deliveries and needed to lift large bulky and not too heavy items (such as plants, lawnmowing equipment, etc. into their van without straining their back or having to have a second person to help.

#8 E-DOG

E-DOG

Intermediate Member

• Closed Account
  • PipPip
  • 1,768 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:T-4 T-5 incomplete

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:33 AM

[quote name='Illinois Boy' date='Jul 3 2008, 02:53 PM' post='63534']
1983 Ford Van..........
I only used this van about 25 times since owning it.

Yeah, only 25 times. TO PATAGONIA, SOUTH AMERICA!

How would I smog it for my state?
It's more than 25 years old. Does it acually run?
Tell ya what there sport.
You have a vehicle.
I need a vehicle.
We're a match made in heaven.
Now then. Let's forget all about those darn, quote, financial issues unquote and get down to it.
If you give me the van, no, better yet, if you loan me the van on a, let's say a really, really long term basis
I will then have a vehicle with which to use.
An' drive around with n'stuff.
Besides. Doesn't sound like you're using it very much.
So, have we got a deal?
Let me know, and thanx in advance,
E-dog
when it absolutely, positively, has to be destroyed overnight, call the Marines.

I will nevah, EVAH take a pinch from a greasy muddahf*@kah like you!

How 'bout if I spell it out for ya. D-I-L-L-I-G-A-F

#9 sincere

sincere

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:t7 asia-b incomplete

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:35 PM

be nice if you lived close by to nj
walking in spirit

#10 Hapahowlee

Hapahowlee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,908 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:03 AM

That's low mileage for an older van and looks in good shape too. Shoot just the equipment alone is worth the purchase price.

#11 duaneblk

duaneblk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:c5/6

Posted 06 October 2008 - 04:10 PM

Hey,
Just wondering if you still have the van for sale. If so, what is the hidth between floor & ceilling at drivers seat. What is the gas mileage opprox. If you have more picture's please email me at duaneblk@yahoo.com.
Thanks
Duane

#12 Illinois Boy

Illinois Boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 04:50 PM

Hey,
Just wondering if you still have the van for sale. If so, what is the hidth between floor & ceilling at drivers seat. What is the gas mileage opprox. If you have more picture's please email me at duaneblk@yahoo.com.
Thanks
Duane

Still have it, sent you an email..... Price lowered to $2,700.......

Jim

#13 fatdave

fatdave

Intermediate Member

• Closed Account
  • PipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:L5/S1 cauda equina

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:14 AM

i wish i had the money, i need a vehicle so damn bad.

but i can't afford the tax on a free lunch right now :specool:
Never explain--your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway.
Elbert Hubbard
US author (1856 - 1915)

#14 JOSHA

JOSHA

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:C5-INCOMPLETE

Posted 09 November 2008 - 11:23 PM

IM INTERESTED. MY NAME IS JOSH..... EMAIL IS GCLIFTER82@YAHOO.COM. HOW LOW CAN YOU GO? LIKE MANY ON THIS SITE IM ON A TIGHT BUDGET. BUT I LIVE NEAR ST. LOUIS. EARLIER THE LADY SAID SHE WENT TO 1500 DOLLARS TO GET RID OF IT, HOW CLOSE COULD YOU GET TO THAT? JUST WONDERING SINCE IT WILL ONLY LOSE VALUE SITTING THERE.
ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED,
JOSH

#15 Illinois Boy

Illinois Boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 03:08 AM

IM INTERESTED. MY NAME IS JOSH..... EMAIL IS GCLIFTER82@YAHOO.COM. HOW LOW CAN YOU GO? LIKE MANY ON THIS SITE IM ON A TIGHT BUDGET. BUT I LIVE NEAR ST. LOUIS. EARLIER THE LADY SAID SHE WENT TO 1500 DOLLARS TO GET RID OF IT, HOW CLOSE COULD YOU GET TO THAT? JUST WONDERING SINCE IT WILL ONLY LOSE VALUE SITTING THERE.
ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED,
JOSH

2,500, I'LL BURN THE SON OF A *******, BEFORE I GO ANY LOWER........

CALL ME, IF INTERESTED...... SOMEONE WAS COMMING TO GET IT TODAY, BUT THE ******* NEVER SHOWED UP..............

JIM

#16 ForeverChanged

ForeverChanged

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:T-7

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:59 AM

I had a van that I purchased and then it needed some work that I didn't want to put into it. Anyway, to make a long story short, I donated it to a local group that helps wheelchair bound hunters. They have land and guys that want to hunt contact them and they provide the land, the guides, trackers, and process the deer. They also get the hunters to and from the hunt areas, and I know there are a lot of groups out there that could use that van. I know there are hunting organizations, other sportsmen's groups, and other types of organizations. You might want to check with places such as that to see if any of them would purchase it, or if you would like to get rid of it bad enough, donate it. Something like that would be tax deductible. I hunted at one lodge in Ohio a few weeks ago, America's Freedom Lodge, and it's for disabled Veterans. There are a lot of disabled Veterans organizations that I'm sure could use it too. Anyway, these are just a couple of ideas. Good luck, and have a great day.

#17 edlee

edlee

Super Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,701 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:t-10 complete
  • Injury Date:11-18-2004

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:49 PM

That last post gave me a thought,,,, Do you know anybody who belongs to the American Legion or the VFW???? Have them post that thing on their bulletin board.

I belong to a chapter of the Paralyzed Veterans of America,,,, there are chapters all over the country,,,, Get the tel # for one close to you off the web and call them up,,,

I'm not talking about donations, here,,,,, Ask them to let their members know what you have and how much you want for it... With the PVA , in particular, youi've got the same selective audience as here,,, but they will be LOCAL.

Just a thought IB,,,,, but it could be a possibility for anyone trying to sell stuff we need.
ed

#18 Illinois Boy

Illinois Boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:02 PM

SOLD, SOLD, SOLD, SOLD..........

FINALLY I CAN BUY MY HOOKER NEW BOOBIES......

Jim
:offtopic: :type: :suicide:

#19 edlee

edlee

Super Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,701 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:t-10 complete
  • Injury Date:11-18-2004

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:48 PM

ALL RIGHT,,, a man who knows how to keep his priorities straight.

Bout time,,, that baby's been sitting there a long while,,,, with those undersized hooters.
ed

#20 Hapahowlee

Hapahowlee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,908 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:47 PM

Alright, when do I go in for surgery :suicide:

Congratulations Jim, about time someone bought it. I hope you got the right price. I'm sure it will serve the buyer well for a long time!

#21 Texaswheelz

Texaswheelz

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 982 posts
  • Spinal Injury Level:T6/7 Complete 19 years

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:34 AM

SOLD, SOLD, SOLD, SOLD..........

FINALLY I CAN BUY MY HOOKER NEW BOOBIES......

Jim
:D :wheelchair: :D

Pictures or it didn't happen! The boobies of course, not the damn van being driven off.

#22 Illinois Boy

Illinois Boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:32 PM

OK, OK Here they are............

Happa, your boobies are fine just they way they are........

Jim

Posted Image :wink05:

Edited by Illinois Boy, 02 June 2009 - 05:34 PM.

Spinal Cord Injury & Cauda Equina Syndrome Support

This website is a way for those with spinal cord injuries and cauda equina syndrome to share experiences and advice. Any medical matters, treatments or alternative therapies discussed on this website should be thoroughly reviewed by a medical professional or therapist before being acted upon. Under no circumstances should you alter prescribed medication or a medical care plan without consulting your doctor or care plan supervisor first.